Community Action against Climate Change
Welcome to Greening Crookham Village Parish
In 2020, Hampshire County Council declared a ‘Climate Emergency’ and challenged parishes and residents to cut their carbon emissions to help to save our environment.
The Greening Campaign has successfully empowered communities to play their part in this all over Hampshire and Crookham Village Parish has joined the fight.
Greening Crookham Village Parish aims to inform and advise every household of simple, cheap and effective behavioural and lifestyle changes that they can make to not only reduce their carbon footprint, but also save them money.
Small Changes, HUGE Impact
Aims and Objectives
- To demonstrate that small actions, when taken together, make big savings
- To create a sense that tackling climate change is possible
- To stop people feeling isolated and depressed about climate change
- To galvanise the community behind taking action against climate change
- To get as many people as possible in the community to make small changes in their energy behaviours at home
- To identify the monetary and environmental savings made by the community
The Greening Campaign Blueprint
The Road Ahead
Being community-led, these lifestyle changes are decided by those who wish to make them – you. We will decide which changes are most suitable in our own lives and make a commitment to action as many as possible.
By sharing our successes, we can not only spur on our friends and neighbours to join us, but also count to overall savings that we have made in terms of CO2 emissions and more tangibly – money in our pockets.
Keep In Touch
To connect with us and others in your community that are passionate about making a difference, why not head over to our Facebook page for the most recent developments in the campaign.
To visit our page, click the link below
If you would like to be kept up-to-date via email, please use the form below to register your interest. Your details will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines and you have the right to withdraw your permission for consent at any time.